As a believer in Jesus Christ, I would like to invite you to examine God's Word, the Bible, along with me. Even if you are not certain if God exists or that the Bible is true, I hope you will open your heart and mind to the possibility that you need to know Jesus and consider accepting God's Free Gift of Eternal Life.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Biblical Financial Pinciple #9 - Do Not Limit God's Blessings

Do not limit God’s blessings:

God desires to bless us. He promised blessings to Abraham: "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing." (Genesis 12:2) The Aaronic priestly blessing begins with these words: "The Lord bless you and keep you..." (Numbers 6:24)

When King Balak asked the prophet Balaam to curse Israel all he could do was bless them: "Balak said to Balaam, 'What have you done to me? I brought you to curse my enemies, but you have done nothing but bless them!'" (Num. 23:11)

The history of the nation Israel is "typical" history and provides spiritual lessons for us today. Israel tested God ten times (Num. 14:22) during the wilderness wanderings: "How often they rebelled against him in the desert and grieved him in the wasteland! Again and again they put God to the test; they vexed (NKJV – limited) the Holy One of Israel." (Psalm 78:40-41)
They limited God’s desired blessing by their disobedience and their lack of faith.

Jesus taught us how we can be blessed by God: "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." (Luke 11:28b) If we are truly disciples of Jesus Christ then our lives (our actions) will give evidence of our faith. We cannot just "talk the talk" and call ourselves true Christians. We read in the book of James: "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." (James 2:17)

Put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Discover "The Life Changing Message Of Jesus."

About Me

My photo
Cypress, CA, United States
I am a U.S Navy Veteran, a Bible student and I work in the maritime industry. I attempt to represent Jesus Christ accurately on this site. My blogs are not the "official" position of any church or ministry.