As a believer in Jesus Christ, I would like to invite you to examine God's Word, the Bible, along with me. Even if you are not certain if God exists or that the Bible is true, I hope you will open your heart and mind to the possibility that you need to know Jesus and consider accepting God's Free Gift of Eternal Life.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Biblical Financial Principle #1

Put God First:

God is big on "priorities." The first commandment in the Law states: ""I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:2-3)

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Jesus taught that we should: "...seek first his (God’s) kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Mat. 6:33)

When asked to give the greatest commandment in the Law Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.'" (Mat. 22:37-38)

Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

If we are truly in tune with the Lord then our desires will also be His desires.

Mat. 6:24 - No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

About Me

My photo
Cypress, CA, United States
I am a U.S Navy Veteran, a Bible student and I work in the maritime industry. I attempt to represent Jesus Christ accurately on this site. My blogs are not the "official" position of any church or ministry.