As a believer in Jesus Christ, I would like to invite you to examine God's Word, the Bible, along with me. Even if you are not certain if God exists or that the Bible is true, I hope you will open your heart and mind to the possibility that you need to know Jesus and consider accepting God's Free Gift of Eternal Life.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Biblical Financial Principle #13 - Don't Worry - Be Content

Be content with what you have – Do not worry:

God’s Word is chock full of admonitions about being content ... Prov. 15:16 - "Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil." Eccl. 5:19 - "Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work--this is a gift of God." Heb. 13:5 - "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Phil. 4:11b - Paul tells us: "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

Jesus was clear in His teachings that we should not worry. Luke 12:22-23 - "Then Jesus said to his disciples: 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.'" Luke 12:29 - "And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it."

Most of the things we worry about never happen anyway. We need to start our day with prayer and continue to talk to God throughout our day. As God leads us we must take responsible action to follow His directions. He will meet our needs.

Paul provides us with some great counsel: 1 Timothy 6:6 - "…godliness with contentment is great gain." Phil. 4:19 - "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

Our biggest problem with this concept is that we fail to separate “needs” from “wants.” We continue to try and do things our way instead of trusting God and His plan.

God has a plan and purpose for your life. CLICK HERE to find out more.

About Me

My photo
Cypress, CA, United States
I am a U.S Navy Veteran, a Bible student and I work in the maritime industry. I attempt to represent Jesus Christ accurately on this site. My blogs are not the "official" position of any church or ministry.