As a believer in Jesus Christ, I would like to invite you to examine God's Word, the Bible, along with me. Even if you are not certain if God exists or that the Bible is true, I hope you will open your heart and mind to the possibility that you need to know Jesus and consider accepting God's Free Gift of Eternal Life.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Biblical Financial Principle #11 - Treat Other Christians Well

According to Jesus the “acid test” of our faith is how we treat other Christians:

Jesus gave a very telling illustration about end times events: "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" (Mat. 25:34-40)

Jesus said: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

The Apostle John asks us: "If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?" (1 John 3:17)

Review your checkbook or whatever record you keep of how you spend your financial resources. What have you spent on assisting other Christians who are in need?

About Me

My photo
Cypress, CA, United States
I am a U.S Navy Veteran, a Bible student and I work in the maritime industry. I attempt to represent Jesus Christ accurately on this site. My blogs are not the "official" position of any church or ministry.